The Second Session (Activities) can include a huge variety of topics and styles, here is a sample:
- Listen and talk: Talks and discussion on topics of current concern, sometimes lead by a visiting speaker.
- Taking it further: The preacher leads further reflection and discussion to take further the themes raised in the sermon.
- Did you see …..? We look or listen together at some popular topical item – a TV soap, a film, a book, music, whatever.
- Singing for All: A chance to enjoy singing together and learn new songs for future worship. Not a choir!
- Feedback: An opportunity to discuss a previous week’s act of worship with those leading it. Partly to assist those who lead our worship in knowing how their efforts were received, and partly an opportunity to discuss further topics raised.
- Our Stories: A member of the congregation talks about some aspect of their life and work.